At no other point in time has financial and legal disclosure been so incomplete and misleading. The recent signing of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act indicates an even stronger regulatory effort to protect the ultimate financial investor and increases the fiduciary responsibilities of Broker/Dealers and Financial Advisors. Buttonwood works with both Sponsors and Broker/Dealers to offer the most reliable disclosure possible.
Services for program sponsors
- Succinct understandable reports.
- Sponsors’ choice of 300+ Broker/Dealers to receive their report.
- In-depth and experienced analysis and verification to support the Broker/Dealers’ own due diligence efforts.
- Professional consulting services offering supportive, experienced and honest feedback directly to sponsors. This gives sponsors the opportunity to adjust program details to strengthen their offerings BEFORE due diligence is completed.
- Punctual service uniquely backed by reduced fees if reports are not completed in a timely manner.
- For sponsors looking to work with new Broker/Dealers, Buttonwood can produce a comprehensive review of the sponsor, allowing new clients to quickly capture a detailed picture of the company from trusted, third-party experts. These reviews are also helpful for sponsors looking to cement established relationships with Broker/Dealers or inform Broker/Dealers of significant changes in their operations and performance.
Services for Broker/Dealers
- Concise and understandable overviews of alternative investments, saving Broker/Dealer’s important time and money as they wade through the deluge of alternative investment offerings
- A qualified and painstaking investigation of alternative investments including not only a legal review, but also a financial, macro and micro economic, historical, management and ethical overview of the offering.
- An opportunity to become familiar with new or previously unreviewed sponsors.
- A broad internal and external network of experts to offer thorough reviews on:
- Mortgage and Debt Funds
- Oil & Gas Programs
- Equipment Leasing Programs
- Money Managers
- Hedge funds
- Business Development Companies (BDCs)
- 1031 Exchanges (TICs & DSTs)
- Commodity Funds
- Insurance Programs
- Web based products
- Entertainment Programs
- Workshops, seminars and newsletter articles for Broker/Dealers regarding:
- The due diligence process
- The regulatory environment and legal concerns
- Marketing strategies
- Working with sophisticated clients
- A thorough review of a Broker/Dealer’s Approved Product list, with comments and updates on each alternative product